Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Warning: Pop in a Purse = BAD IDEA!

On Sunday I enlisted the help of BD and the kids to help me move into my office. I gave ZE my purse to carry in while BD and I carried a sofa up to my 2nd floor office (mistake #1). I had put in my purse a refreshing Coke to have after muscling the couch around the office (mistake #2). Also in my purse were all the essential items any Realtor would have: cell phone, digital camera, and e-key (mistake #3). When the couch was finally in place and I reached for my ice cold Coke I was shocked to feel a puddle...yes puddle. Somehow the can had been punctured in my purse and leaked. My Coach bag (mistake #4) collected the liquid and did not drain because of the leather - wonderful! In the end it became the most expensive can of pop ever. My cell phone is ruined and all of the contacts that I had stored in it are GONE! My digital camera just displays a black screen with a few jumpy white lines. The photo disc is still good which is a small blessing because I haven't downloaded photos in a while. My e-key drained out and still works but now the keys stick. In the end I only have myself to blame for this latest dilema but a good lesson was learned: leather and liquid are never a good combination!

No comments: